Sunday, October 28, 2018

Are they ashamed of Jesus' name or afraid to lose popularity?

I was listening to my favorite Christian singers, TobyMac, Lauren Daigle, King and Country and then a thought struck me.
Are they actually singing Christian music? They never say the name Jesus in their songs. Are they ashamed of Jesus' name or afraid to lose popularity? Certainly their lyrics may contain quotes from the Bible, but these are more like code words for evangelicals.
For those who are not from evangelical backgrounds, the songs could mean anything. Just looking at a sample of their songs, 'Shoulders', 'You Say', 'Dry Bones', 'I need you'. They could be referring to romantic love - boyfriend or girlfriend, even saying 'Lord' - for someone from another religion, they can adopt the lyrics as referring to one of their gods. 
Are they ashamed of Jesus' name or afraid to lose popularity?

Luke 9:26 Jesus said:
Whoever is ashamed of me and my words, the Son of Man will be ashamed of them when he comes in his glory and in the glory of the Father and of the holy angels.



No comments:

Blog Archive