Saturday, December 30, 2006

Ted Haggard scandal

Please pray for the tens of thousands of Christians around the world
whose lives have been influenced by Pastor Ted Haggard and New Life Church
in Colorado Springs. Pray that they will not get disillusioned and backslide.
Pray that their faith will remain fresh and that they will not be disciples of men,
but disciples of Jesus. Pray that the gay marriage ban vote will not fail because of the
scandal.

I read today:
"I saw the Lord always before me. Because he is at my right hand, I shall not be shaken."
(Acts 2:25)



This has been the biggest shock of my life. If I consider myself a charismatic, it is because
of Pastor Ted's influence. We were not members of New Life (later I wished I had been), but
visited often.

One of his principles in his sermons and books which I have tried to live by has been, "Live
your life as if there are no secrets".

In fact, when I had an offer from Sprint, in the New Life parking lot on Easter Sunday 2001,
we felt the Holy Spirit telling us to move here - even though I didn't want to.

It is ironic but the basic idea for the software I wrote and have been unsuccessfully trying
to build a business around (http://juwo.com), came to me when I would listen to Pastor Ted's and Ravi Zacharias' sermons on the internet while we were looking for a church in 2001.

thanks,
Anil Philip

No comments:

Blog Archive