Wednesday, March 5, 2008

If Einstein does not impress God, what does?

(March 2006)

There is no fix or solution in sight (to my career and juwo startup problems), but here is a thought I have had for a while:

Over the past few months, I have been realizing that God does not care much for what we do - whether we are janitor or CEO. He is not impressed by our achievements.

He is more interested in whether we seek Him and whether we are His witnesses.

For example, even though Einstein's Theory of Relativity is over 100 years old, no one has been able to supercede it. Yet God is not too impressed with it because He knows the 'final answer' - not the theory of Relativity, but the final Reality of Relativity.

Growing up in India, my grandparents told me of the term "rice Christians", coined by the missionaries as a derogatory reference to those (India/China?) natives who would convert to Christianity for the material benefits. Yet, in America, I don't think we are immune from it either if we seek God because of the promises of success and prosperity.

One passage that strikes me from time to time is Habbakuk Chapter 3:

17 Though the fig tree does not bud
and there are no grapes on the vines,
though the olive crop fails
and the fields produce no food,
though there are no sheep in the pen
and no cattle in the stalls,
18 yet I will rejoice in the LORD,
I will be joyful in God my Savior.
19 The Sovereign LORD is my strength;
he makes my feet like the feet of a deer,
he enables me to go on the heights.

2 comments:

Andrealphus Apollyon said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anil Philip said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Blog Archive